Saturday, November 23, 2013

EVER wondered who would make a great driving partner?


Me too. I value my driving record and I hold it sacred. But then again, I am the insurance geek and I care about my reputation as a good driver with no tickets or accidents. For me to have an at-fault accident on my record would be like most people getting fired from their job or waking up with a zit on their face!   I've been fired before and it is humiliating.  As far as the zit, its par for the course in just being a human, nothing a little make-up can't hide--but some people go way over-board on that one, let's admit it!

The reason I bring this up is because lately I've been thinking of car pooling.  Yes, there is a commute Virginia!  And its really long & lonely. Some days music keeps me company or the current radio show, but having a driving partner will help on those lonely days when conversation is the order of the day. And talking to the radio host out loud in your car does not count as conversation!  Trust me, I tried it!

But who to drive my car or in my car?
I know you are waiting with baited breath for my solution because you have wondered the same thing, haven't you?  On those lonely treks home when you've had a bad day at the office and just want to vent or confide in someone before you get home and kick the dog.

We really don't want to kick our poor innocent Man's-best-friend, do we? 

Well.... in Insurance there is a species we don't usually think about when we think insurance.

"What?  You don't think insurance??  Are you  nuts?? "  I say.
"No, only insurance geeks live, breath and die  insurance thoughts"  You say.
Timidly I reply, "Okay that's fair".  I smile a crooked smile.

Once again, I digress.

Okay, so here it is.   Claim adjusters. 
Now you know the answer.  Make friends with the species, I mean person, that handles claims day-in and day-out and I guarantee a great driving partner.  
 There is a possibility they might be a bit paranoid, however. It's the chance you might have to take to find a good driving partner.
Oh well, sometimes we might have to take the compromise road.

Claims adjusters will spot a potential accident way before it happens and therefore be a great driving partner. You may have to put up with a few "Watch out for that!" or "watch out, they're braking ahead!" when you are driving, but its worth it......... right?

Well, there ya go, i've solved another insurance dilemma for you without you even having to ask.  

Afterall, I am the Insurance Geek.   

Have a great holiday this week everyone!!!    And as always, please comment if you'd like.  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment